Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sugar, sugar...

[Image from Pepsi-Cola North American Beverages]
Pepsi has provided some taste treats recently with their new Throwback sodas: Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback. Both are good, though the Mountain Dew is especially tasty - it actually goes down smoothly - without making me feel like I'm drinking crazy sugar syrup. (I remember drinking numerous Mt. Dews during slumber parties... ah.. to be young... and on a sugar high)

Prior to Throwback I found these glass bottles of Pepsi Natural. It has an interesting taste - kind of like Coke in that it is more "rooty" tasting. I liked it, but unfortunately I found that the kola nut left a bitter aftertaste. Not cool. I suppose if you like coffee it'd be ideal.

I'm wondering if this temporary Throwback line will become more permanant. Especially with fuss over high fructose corn syrup. Jones Soda and Boylan may just have new friends [enemies] in the soda aisle.

No comments: