Congratulations to the "Bride and Groom"-to-be!
Jake jumped at the opportunity to cater the wedding shower for his brother and future sister-in-law. After much planning - including numerous conversations revolving around millions of food ideas - the food turned out amazing. It was great that Jake recruited some top-notch Sous Chefs to aid in the kitchen that weekend, and during the shower (yes - this is a nod to Sous Chef K and myself).
Guests were dazzled with an impressive spread - all homemade and from Jake's heart:
Olive Medley in olive oil, lemon peel, fennel, and garlic
- gaeta, kalamata, picholines, niCoises, arbequinas, moroccan oil cured, and green olives.
Cheese Platters, Fruit Platter, Vegetable Platter
Hors d'Oeuvre Trio
- Pepper-crusted filet with chive flower butter
- Whiskey-glazed ham, mustard butter, sour pickle
- Cucumber and curry butter
Faux Sushi Due
- Amaretto fig gelee, marscapone in risotto with prociutto wrapper
- Asparagus, portobello, and goat cheese in truffled risotto
Mesculn Basket - baby salad greens in homemade bread bowl
- served with bleu cheese crumbles and candied almonds
California Chicken Salad sandwiches
Pulled Carnitas sandwiches slow roasted chili-rubbed pork shoulder cook with oranges
- served with cilantro pesto and pineapple salsa on mini hawaiian roll
Cucumber Mint Shrimp
Goat Cheese Crustini